Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Homework #11



Mom’s Birthday Gift


My Mother’s Birthday was November 19th, what do you get for someone who has everything. I thought about a kindle but I wasn’t sure she would be interested, given that she is not as into gadgets as I am.

A couple weeks ago my mother hinted that she liked a pair of booties I was wearing, I tried to find the closet pair to the ones I owned. My dilemma is that my mother wears a size 11, her feet swell up sometimes and since she is already 5’11; the heel must be somewhat low.

There are not a lot of stores that specialize in large sizes and offer a lot of variety, but I knew just the right place endless.com

Endless allows you to search for shoes by style, size, color, heel, and price point. Since my booties had a distinct look, it was easy to search for like shoes. I found quit a few shoes that matched the style and price point, but were they more my style hers?

Finally I narrowed in down to three different pairs, based upon the look and height of the heel. I also read the reviews of people who liked, disliked, felt the shoe was to wide, or was perfect comfortable bootie. Yet I still could make the a final decision. I called my best friend who also wore an 11 and knew my mom’s style. I emailed her the three different options and through text and calling we both agreed on which boot we should pick.

Endless has the best return policy and fast shipping, the boots arrived in 2 days...perfect!

Saturday was the day, I went to my moms to hang out with her for her birthday. She totally wasn’t expecting the boots and to her surprise, she loved them. Right size, right width and the right height. She recently purchased a leather jacket, that went perfectly with her jacket.

The reviews for me had the most influence, being able to read people’s thoughts and opinions swayed me to making the best choice for my mom. The shoe I ultimately chose had a wider width and a great low heel.



No comments:

Post a Comment